elisas8

Bernard Malamud, Jonathan Safran Foer
The Wayward Bus
John Steinbeck

Oranges are Not the Only Fruit

Oranges are Not the Only Fruit - ISBN 10: 0871131633 maybe i went into this book last time with high expectations, and this time with low expectations; i found that i actually enjoyed reading it this time around. i found it funny and quirky and really revealing. the passages that last time felt out of place and unnecessary to the story i felt gave extra insight and tied everything together well. goes to show how much of a book is about the reader and their mindset. this one didn't get a fair shake on my last review.a quote i liked last time but didn't note and that struck me again this time around:'In the library I felt better, words you could trust and look at till you understood them, they couldn't change half way through a sentence like people, so it was easier to spot a lie.'from march 9, 2009:i remember liking this more the first time i read it, but still found it relatively entertaining. i'm not into her writing style anymore, though."'There's this world,' she banged the wall graphically, 'and there's this world,' she thumped her chest. 'If you want to make sense of either, you have to take notice of both.'""There's no choice that doesn't mean a loss."