elisas8

Bernard Malamud, Jonathan Safran Foer
The Wayward Bus
John Steinbeck

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey simply. utterly. fucking. brilliant.this book makes me want to dock a star from every book i've read this year, it's so far and away the best thing i've read in so long. i hated every second i had to put it down and got considerably less sleep last night because of that. it's a good thing i had some extra time to read last night and this morning because i *had* to keep reading this book. and that in spite of the fact that i've read it before and remembered how it ended.it's amazing. it's seriously brilliant. it's virtually perfect.i want to give quotes but there's hardly a sentence i could leave out; i want to include the entire book. it's so good i could cry. not about the story, although about that too, but about the writing. and how much he touches with his meaning. because it's about so much more than it's about. i could just cry about how good it is. it's *that* good.my g-d what a book.this might not make sense out of context, but:"...[T:]he sun, on these three strangers, is all of a sudden way the hell brighter than usual and I can see the ... seams where they're put together. And, almost, see the apparatus inside them take the words I just said and try to fit the words in here and there, this place and that, and when they find the words don't have any place ready-made where they'll fit, the machinery disposes of the words like they weren't even spoken."